When you are sitting at home thinking about what you need to do after an accident, it may seem like it is just about common sense. However, immediately after an accident, your common sense may go out the window. After an accident with an Uber driver, you may be more unsure of what to do. Here are some steps you should think about after an Uber accident in Colorado.
The easiest way to help you through an injury accident is to talk to your lawyer. The attorneys at accidentdenver.com will help you deal with the insurance company and fight to get you the maximum compensation after an injury accident in Denver. Contact us today for a free consultation.
After an Uber Accident in Colorado
- Make sure the accident scene is safe. Before you get out of the car to look at the damage, take a moment to assess your own condition and the condition of any other passengers. Make sure the area around the accident is safe so you don't step into traffic.
- Call 911. If everyone is okay and no one needs medical attention, move to a safe location and call the police. If anyone is injured, call 911 for help.
- Report the accident to the police. Most accidents in Colorado are required to be reported to the police. If the police come to the scene, the police will make an accident report. If an officer was not present, you can report the accident to the Division of Motor Vehicles online. Make sure to get a copy of the accident report for review.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Parties involved in the accident are generally required to exchange information, including the driver's full name, contact information, driver's license information, insurance company and policy number, and license plate.
- Use your phone to take photos. You can use your phone to take photos of the accident damage, accident scene, and copy of the insurance information. You can also take a video of the accident. Your phone can also help you write down notes about the accident so you don't forget the information later.
- Report the accident to the insurance company. Drivers are required to report any accident to their insurance company. This also gets the claims process started. However, be careful if the other insurance company calls. They may try and get you to say something to deny your claim.
- Stay away from social media. It is becoming more common for insurance companies to watch the accident victim's social media to use anything they can against them. This includes playing sports or participating in activities to show the individual is not very injured. It may also include looking for video or social media evidence of alcohol or drug use, reckless driving, or anything else they can use to reduce your damages.
- Call your Denver Uber accident lawyer. Call your Denver Uber accident attorney after an accident. Your lawyer will deal with Uber, Uber's insurance, and the parties involved. Your lawyer will negotiate a strong settlement or take the case to court if the insurance company doesn't want to pay what you deserve.
Help With an Injury Claim Against an Uber Driver
Contact your Colorado rideshare injury accident attorney to handle your case. The attorneys at accidentdenver.com have successfully represented drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians after an injury accident involving an Uber driver. Our experienced attorneys understand how the insurance and rideshare companies operate and will fight to get the maximum compensation available for your injuries. Contact us today for a free consultation.