Uber drivers go through an important screening and selection process to make sure that only experienced, safe drivers operate cars for the company. When Uber neglects to hire safe drivers, or fails to look into the driver's background, the company can be held more directly responsible when passengers are harmed as a result. Inexperienced or poorly trained drivers are more likely to injure or even kill passengers who ride in their car.
If you or someone you care about has been injured or killed as the result of an Uber automobile accident in Denver or the greater Denver metropolitan area, an experienced personal injury attorney at accidentdenver.com is here to help you in your case.
Uber Passenger Car Accident Lawyers in Denver, Colorado
No matter how small or how big your case may be, the accidentdenver.com team will keep you informed every step of the way throughout the process and they will handle every detail seamlessly to put you on the road to recovery. Our team at accidentdenver.com pride themselves on clear, honest, and open communication with each and every one of their clients.
Our attorneys at accidentdenver.com take cases on a contingency basis, which means that you pay nothing until your case has reached a favorable resolution. Let us put our years of experience to work for you and your loved ones.
Uber Driver Selection Criteria
Uber advertises that "Anybody can drive with Uber, although there are a few minimum requirements:"
- The driver must meet the minimum age to drive in the city in which he or she intends to drive.
- The driver must have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the U.S. (three years if you are under 23 years old).
- The driver must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
- The driver must use an eligible four-door vehicle.
However, Uber requires that drivers provide certain documents before they may hit the road, including the following.
- A valid U.S. driver's license.
- Proof of residency in the city, state, or province in which the driver will operate.
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance if the driver plans to drive his or her own car.
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver's full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus; it cannot be a driver's license photo or other printed photograph
Uber also requires that its drivers go through a driver screening course to look at the drivers driving record and criminal history.
Uber Driver Training
Uber offers training on how to use its app and any necessary equipment, but it does not provide in-depth safety training or "rules of the road" type training. Drivers are expected to know how to operate a vehicle prior to signing up. This means that the background check is designed to discover if a driver is safe, so further training is not provided.
Consult an Experienced Denver Uber Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident in the greater Denver metropolitan area, please do not hesitate to contact accidentdenver.com today at 303-642-8888 for a free consultation. We are here waiting for you.