Contact Us for a Free Consultation 303-642-8888


Lost Wages Claims in Denver Automobile Accidents

Posted by Jeremy Rosenthal | Dec 12, 2019 | 0 Comments

When a person is injured in a Denver car accident due to another person's negligence, he or she is likely to lose time from work as a result. During the time you are treated for and recover from your injuries, you may be unable to continue working, especially if your work requires physical effort. During that time, you are not only being forced to spend more money, but you are not making any, either. This can be very problematic for your finances. In any case, you deserve to be compensated for the time you have lost off from work.

Recovery Time After an Injury

The amount of time you need to recover after an injury will depend greatly on the type of accident you were in. High-speed accidents that cause serious damage can take a very long time to recover from. This includes months or longer off from work, making a serious dent in your family's finances. Recovery time can also include limited work, rather than doing your job as you normally would. This limited work may result in limited or lesser pay.

Whether your injury has caused just a few days off from work or much longer periods ranging from weeks to months, you deserve to be compensated by the responsible party for the pay you lost while you were recovering.

Filing a Claim with the Other Driver's Insurance Company

With the help of your experienced personal injury attorney, you can file a claim with the other driver's insurance company for compensation of your lost time off from work. This process is a process through the company itself and is not a lawsuit. The insurance company will require substantial information from you in order to agree to pay your claim, and they will be looking for a way to get out of paying.

This is where having an attorney at your side is invaluable. People who are represented are less likely to be taken advantage of by insurance companies looking to save money at your expense. Do not let yourself be mistreated by a greedy insurance company.

Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit

If the other driver's insurance company refuses to pay, offers a small settlement, or you are otherwise not fully compensated for your lost work time, you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover the full amount of the damages you suffered. You and your attorney will present evidence of:

  • your pay rate
  • the time you lost off from work
  • any vacation, sick time, or paid-time-off you used
  • any other lost perks, bonuses, commissions lost as a result of time off from work

This and any other necessary evidence will be presented to the judge and jury to show that the other driver or his or her insurance company should have to pay for the lost wages you suffered as a result of the accident. You do not have to be stuck with the bills.

Consult an Experienced Denver Auto Accident Attorney

You deserve to be compensated for your lost wages.

If you or a loved one has been injured in any sort of motor vehicle accident in the greater Denver metropolitan area, please do not hesitate to contact us today at 303-642-8888 for a free consultation. We are here waiting for you.

About the Author

Jeremy Rosenthal

Attorney Jeremy Rosenthal is dedicated to helping his clients seek just compensation for their injuries regardless of the lengths he has to go to or the distances he may have to travel in order to get it.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment